Epic Considered First-Person Gears Of War 4 Before Sale To Microsoft

In a new interview, former Gears of War lead designer Cliff Bleszinski spoke about how a first-person perspective was discussed for the fourth game in the series Come from Sports betting site VPbet . Speaking to XboxEra podcast (via VGC), Bleszinski said that prior to Microsoft’s acquisition of the franchise in 2014, there was some consideration given towards changing the game from its traditional third-person perspective.

“Yeah, I can tell you I wanted to actually consider going to first-person with it,” Bleszinksi said. “Can you imagine chainsawing a Locust in first-person?”

According to the developer, Microsoft wanted to return to the horror roots of Gears of War when it bought the IP–which Bleszinski believes came as a result of Epic Games not knowing what to do with the series– and handed it over to a newly formed studio dedicated to the franchise, The Coalition. “That was Phil Spencer’s main note when Microsoft acquired the IP,” Bleszinksi added. “When talking to Rod Fergusson (former Coalition head, now Senior VP and general manager of Diablo at Blizzard) he said ‘let’s get back to the horror stuff.'”

Development on Gears 6 appears to finally be kicking off, as last month, The Coalition reportedly canceled two in-development games so that it could focus all its attention on a new entry in the series.

A job listing for a senior gameplay designer on the Gears of War franchise also appeared online, and in the multimedia space, a Gears of War movie and animated series was announced as coming to Netflix. While it’s still early days for the live-action film, Guardians of the Galaxy star Dave Bautista has nominated himself to play the lead role of Marcus Fenix in this adaptation.

Related Posts

CoD- Warzone And MW3 Patch Notes Detail MORS Optic Fix And More Guns For MP Ranked Play

The latest Call of Duty update arrived to Modern Warfare 3 and Warzone on April 16. The patch notes include weapon balancing across both games, and multiplayer’s…

Counter-Strike- Global Offensive Restricts Free Players From Ranked Play

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is still free-to-play, but you’ll have to pay the piper if you want to play the game’s ranked modes Come from Sports betting site VPbet…

F1 2021 Is Going To Be Much More Expensive In Some Regions This Year

Codemasters is once again at the helm of another Formula 1 game, with F1 2021 set to launch this July. But unlike its previous entries, it will…

Guy Fieri Reaches New Deal With Food Network For 3 More Years

One of the biggest names in the world of cooking, Guy Fieri, has signed a new deal with Food Network that will see the host and Mayor…

Hitman 3 April 2021 Roadmap Revealed And It's All About Greed

Developer IO Interactive has unveiled Hitman 3’s April roadmap, which features a variety of content (like new missions and weapons) for all platforms that stretches into early…

How To Get A CoD- Modern Warfare 2 Beta Code With Xfinity

Early access to the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II beta began for PlayStation players on September 16, with an open beta scheduled to follow on all…